Code of Conduct
When you receive your conbadge at the registration table of Oklacon, you will sign a form stating that you agree to the Code of Conduct of Oklacon. Please direct any questions or concerns to the security volunteers of Oklacon. All Oklacon security volunteers wear blue "SECURITY" badges. Our staff members are friendly, cordial folks who want to make sure everyone has a great time. The following is a list of the rules and regulations we ask all our members to abide by for the duration of our convention for the safety and fun of all. Please take a moment to read this code of conduct, as you will be required to adhere to it from the moment you enter the park through Monday afternoon.
- Furry friends, being your pets, are welcome in Roman Nose State Park. All pets must be leashed and supervised in the park. There are some places your fuzzballs must steer clear of, including the A-frames and the lodge. Pets may be securely staked outside A-frames at night.
- All weapons, no matter how artistic, historic, inactive, and even if peace-bonded, are strictly prohibited in Roman Nose State Park and on the Oklacon premises. Weapons include firearms, pocket knives with blades over 2 inches, mace, pepper spray, fireworks, explosives, morningstars, +1 greatswords, battleaxes, nunchuks, vials of acid, falchions, scythes, big sticks with nails, car batteries with nipple clamps, machetes, light sabers, and The Force. We're really serious about those car batteries.
- Minors are issued special red badges that clearly say "MINOR". All attendees are required to wear badges when on the group site premises, and at all Oklacon-sponsored events. Attendees who alter, forge, or trade badges will be removed from the convention.
- Only 3.2% beer-equivalent alcohol is permitted in the park. No alcohol or tobacco products are permitted in Turkey Roost. Attendees who distribute alcohol to anyone under the age of 21 or tobacco products to anyone under the age of 18 at any time during the convention will be asked to leave the convention immediately. Additionally, our friendly Roman Nose State Park Rangers routinely patrol our site, and will toss anyone distributing such substances to minors into a paddy wagon. Instead of spending the evening with us, you'll spend it with Bruno, your new back hair-toting, 7' 2" cellmate.
- Cabins, lodge rooms, and tents are wonderful places for your displays of affection. Public displays of affection (PDA), however, will not be tolerated at the group site, Oklacon-sponsored events, or anywhere minors are present. Of course, what would a convention be without scritches? Back scratches and hugging are perfectly acceptable. However, passionate kissing and groping in that Gone-With-the-Wind sort of way is strictly prohibited in public. Frankly, my dear, we give a darn!
- All attendees will be required to wear appropriate attire at all times, including a shirt, shoes, and pants with no holes above the knee. Kilts require undergarments in these windy parts. Attendees wearing clothing deemed offensive or otherwise inappropriate at Oklacon will be required to change into acceptable attire at the request of an Oklacon volunteer. Collars and leashes may be worn, but blatant displays of bondage are not appropriate for our family-fun atmosphere. If you wouldn't do it in front of your mom, then take it to your tent.
- Selling any goods or services outside of the Dealer's Den, Artist's Alley, or Art Show, without registering in one of these three venues is strictly prohibited. We regret we must break the hands of rogue artists.
- Oklacon has a strict zero-tolerance policy on harassment of any nature, be it physical, verbal, or sexual. Offenders will be ejected from the convention with our high-powered trebuchet.
- Oklacon is not liable for lost, stolen, or damaged items or personal property of any kind. Please keep electronics, such as iPods and handheld game systems at home, and your valuables secured out of sight. Oklacon volunteers cannot 'hold onto' items on your behalf. unless it is shiny, in which case we may hold onto it indefinitely.
- While you may think you can out run the gracious older gentlemen who are our park rangers, they have turbocharged golf carts and will tear across the park to run down those to deface, mar, or destroy park property, speed on park roads, or otherwise break posted rules. Under the tires of a golf cart just isn't the way to go. Please respect the property of Roman Nose, and report any broken park property immediately to the nearest Oklacon volunteer.
- Most importantly, you will be in one of the most beautiful, scenic locations in Western Oklahoma. Please respect the wildlife around you by keeping their habitat free of cigarette butts and other trash. We plead to our raccoons in attendance not to empty trashcans onto the ground. We will also share the park with other families and people not associated with our convention, so please be considerate and polite should you encounter them. Remember the motto: Take nothing but pictures. Leave nothing but footprints.
That's about it. Remember, we're all here to have fun in a safe and pleasant atmosphere. We have entrusted all Oklacon security volunteers with the enforcement of our simple code of conduct. If you have any questions or concerns whatsoever, please see any of them. Enough with the rules, let's get this party started!