Calling All Volunteers!
So you want to volunteer, huh? You want to get a view of the inner workings of a convention and make all the magic happen? GREAT! Oklacon would not exist without the tireless dedication of our wonderful volunteer crew who believe in Oklacon and our mission to support worthwhile charities. If you feel the call to pitch in, we could definitely use your help. Areas of need include:
- Setup / Cleanup Crew: The Setup and Cleanup Crew aren't a bunch of gophers, they're our lifeblood! Setup involves a lot of heavy lifting, t-shirt folding, bag stuffing, and sweets to entice you. Cleanup involves... well cleanup. It's not an easy job, but someone's got to do it!
- Event Assistance: We need help creating, running, and picking up after events. If you have an cool idea for an event you would like to see at Oklacon and can offer to run the event, we need you!
- Art Show Docents: Have a thing for art? We need friendly faces to assist in the setup of the art show, help record information during the voice auction, watch the art show to make sure everything stays where and how it should, and check badges for the mature art show.
- Cook Assistance: Maybe you're a devotee of the FSM? If so, our cook needs you! We host a 'bring your own BBQ', a big spaghetti dinner, and continental breakfast on most mornings. We always need helping hands to stir the pot, serve our hungry guests, and help scrub everything until it shines before we can leave.
- Security: Interested in offering a helping hand to keep things running smoothly around the camp site and for special events during the con? We are in need of a few good furs to join our security detail.
If you are interested in lending your talents and services to Oklacon as a volunteer, please contact us. All volunteers who put in 16 hours of hard work for our great cause receive a complimentary Attending registration toward the following year's convention. Volunteers who log 32 hours additionally receive Patron-level benefits for the following year's convention. The Wednesday Setup Crew, the Monday Cleanup Crew, and Chef Assistance hours worked count double towards this number. You'll be working some of the most compassionate and diligient supporters of our charity, making volunteering both an enjoyable and fun way to earn a 'free con'.
Click here to see the current list of confirmed volunteers.