Oklacon 2013 Lifetime Registration Program
As a special commemorative event for our tenth year as a convention, Oklacon is offering the chance for our strongest supporters to enjoy Oklacon for years to come with a great offer - a permanent, life-time membership option. Continuing our strong tradition as Oklahoma's furry convention, now the largest outdoor furry gathering in the world, we are inviting interested attendees with the appropriate means the chance to make a lump sum payment during the Oklacon 2012 preregistration window, and thereafter they will no longer need to pay for registration for future years for the rest of their lives.
If you are able and willing to prepay, in full, ten times the preregistration cost of admission of Attending (regularly $29, permanently $290), Patron (regularly $49, permanently $490), Sponsor (regularly $100, permanently $1,000), or Super Sponsor (regularly $200, permanently $2,000), you may attend each year at the same level in future years at no additional charge for the rest of your natural life.
Why Are We Doing This?
For one, we wish to provide a way for our long-term supporters to invest in the future success of the convention by providing us the ability to make capital investments for this anniversary year, and in turn reward them by allowing them to disregard the need to pay to attend in future years. Oklacon carefully budgets its finances each year, and is in no need for additional cash. This opportunity exists so funds can be set aside to improve the convention, its events, replace equipment used to run the convention, and to grow the convention organically in future years.
This opportunity will not be offered again, ever, after October 1, 2012.
How Do I Do This?
- Read the Conditions (below) to make sure you're eligible.
- Pre-Register and Pre-Pay for your Oklacon Lifetime Registration in full any time before October 1, 2012.
What Do I Get?
- You may preregister and attend at your purchased level in future years for no addtional fee for the rest of your life!
- Special one-time gifts will be given exclusively to Lifetime Registrants. These gifts shall be of sufficient quality deserving of a lifetime member, and shall never be reproduced in any future year and shall never be available for sale to any other individual.
- You must be at least 18 years of age at the time of purchase.
- You must pre-pay (zero balance) for your Oklacon Lifetime Registration by October 1, 2012. You may not purchase a lifetime registration at the door.
- If you make a partial, but not full payment, for a Lifetime Registration by October 1, 2012, any portion paid may not be directly refunded. Such partial payments will be subject to our standard refund policy.
- No 'comp' or deferred membership credit of any sort may apply to the balance of a lifetime registration. Everyone must purchase a lifetime registration in full without any discounts applied for previous volunteer work or any discounts applied for Guest of Honor status. For instance, if you earned a 'Patron Comp' for 2012 for volunteer work performed in 2011, the fee to purchase a Lifetime Registration is the same as someone who has never attended before.
- Once purchased, each year you may attend at the level you purchased for no additional registration fee if and only if you preregister each year before the end of the preregistration period. A discount for the balance of your registration will be applied each year after you preregister. Lifetime Registrants who fail to preregister but do show up at-the-door will be assessed the difference between that year's at-the-door and preregistration prices for their Lifetime level of attendance (usually a $15 fee) -- in other words, Lifetime Registrants are not exempt from the preregistration or check-in processes.
- Lifetime Registrants may upgrade their registration from their lifetime level either by upgrading during preregistration or at-the-door. For the purposes of upgrades, a Lifetime Registrant is considered paid for that level of membership at that convention. For instance, a Lifetime Attendee, who paid $290 in 2012, can upgrade to Patron at 2012 or in any future year by paying the difference between that year's preregistration Patron price (currently $49) and that year's preregistration Attending price (currently $29), in this case, $20.
- Lifetime Registrants may not downgrade their registration from their lifetime level to create a credit in any future year. For instance, a Lifetime Patron, who paid $490 in 2012, cannot request to attend as an Attendee in 2014 and receive a $20 refund nor $20 of compensation to be applied to any other balance or item.
- Lifetime Registrants are due no compensation for failing to attend any given year. For instance, a Lifetime Sponsor may not request any credit, either refunded or applied to any other balance or item, for failing to attend in 2013. Similarly, Lifetime Members may not transfer any credit to any other person they wish to attend "in their place" for any given year; no transfer of rights or benefits may be made to any other person.
- Should the Lifetime Registrant become incapacitated or pass away, their generous support shall be noted in the convention book the following year, but no transfer or refund of credit for a Lifetime Registration may be awarded to any spouse or next of kin. Lifetime Registrations are non-transferrable, enure only to the benefit of the purchaser.
- Lifetime Registrants are implicitly and permanently excluded from any and all other attendance discount programs. For instance, a Lifetime Patron who 'refers a friend' in 2013 is not eligible for a 'refer-a-friend upgrade' to Sponsor, should that program be offered that year. These types of programs would quickly drain any benefit of generosity a Lifetime Registration provides to the safety and security of the continuation of the convention, and are therefore disallowed.
- Lifetime Registrants are subject to the same Code of Conduct and same duties, rights, and responsibilities of any other convention attendee. Therefore, failure to adhere to the Code of Conduct or committing criminal acts can subject a Lifetime Registrant to expulsion from one or more convention years. In the case a Lifetime Registrant is ejected from or prohibited from attending a convention due to their poor behavior, their attendance for that year is considered forfeit, and no refund or reimbursement of that or any future years' convention fees nor any portion of the Lifetime Registration registration fee paid by October 1, 2012 shall be remanded.
- In the event the Oklacon outdoor furry event ceases to occur in one or more calendar years, either due to "force majeure" (Acts of God), insolvency, or any other reason, all portions of the Lifetime Registration fee paid by October 1, 2012 are considered forfeit. In the event of liquidation of the convention's assets and liabilities, the Articles of Organization of Fuzzy Productions, LLC explicitly state that any remainder must be donated to a charitable organization.
- The purchase of a Lifetime Registration is a fee paid to Fuzzy Productions, a Limited Liability Company of the State of Oklahoma. While we cannot provide professional tax advice, purchasers should understand this is NOT understood to be a tax-deduction donation paid to the convention's charity.
Click here to Pre-Register for Oklacon 2013!